The notification for counselling of students qualified in APEAMCET-2016 for admissions into BSc Agriculture course at Acharya NG Ranga Agriculture University for its 5 government/constituent colleges (Agricultural College, Bapatla (estd: 1945), SV Agricultural College, Tirupati (estd: 1961), Agricultural College, Naira, Srikakulam (estd: 1989), Agricultural College, Mahanandi, Kurnool (estd: 1991), College of Agriculture, Rajahmundry (estd: 2008)) is released by the University.
There are total 500 seats for BSc Agriculture course in all the 5 government/constituent colleges of AP out of which 250 seats (50% of the seats) are reserved for the following categories:
- Backward Classes = 29%
BC – A -7%
BC – B -10%
BC – C -1%
BC – D -7%
BC – E -4%.
- Scheduled Caste = 15 %
- Scheduled Tribe = 6%
Among the above 50% reservation, the following people are given preference within that category.
- Women candidates = 33%
- 40% of the seats are reserved for candidates coming from Agriculturists families owning morethan 3 acres of land and who have studied for a minimum of 4 years in schools located in Non-Municipal areas.
- Physically Handicapped candidates = 3 % (1% each under Visually, Hearing, Orthopaedically impaired categories)
- Children of Ex-Servicemen and Defence Personnel = 2 %
- N.C.C. = 1%
- Games and Sports = 0.5 %
That means, effectively 250 seats are available for open category in BSc Agriculture. Rest 250 seats are meant for the BC, SC and ST students.
Dates of counselling (total 9 days from 27th August to 4th September, 2016):
- For Open Ccategories: 27, 28 and 29th August, 2016 (3 Days)
- For Farmer’s Quota: 30th August, 2016 (1 Day)
- BC-A and BC-B candidates (both Farmer and Non-Farmer): 31st August, 2016 (1 Day)
- BC-C, BC-D and BC-E candidates (both Farmer and Non-Farmer): 1st September, 2016 (1 Day)
- SC Candidates (both Farmer and Non-Farmer): 2nd Spetember, 2016 (1 Day)
- ST Candidates (both Farmer and Non-Farmer): 3rd Spetember, 2016 (1 Day)
- For Diploma candidates qualified in A.P.AGRICET 2016: 4th September, 2016 (1 Day) (To fill additional 100 seats in BSc Agriculture (20% of the total seats). Click Here to see the ranks called for Admission to BSc Ag for Diploma Holders in AP)
- Counseling for NCC, Sports, CAP (Defence) and P.H. quota will be held separately for which a seperate notification will be issued soon.
Time : Counselling starts at 9-30 AM on all these days including sundays and holidays. Report atleast 1 hour before time.
Place: Auditorium, Regional Agricultural Research Station (R.A.R.S.), Lam Farm, Guntur. It is located on Guntur–Amaravathi road, at about 10 kms away from Guntur. Many City buses and autos run in this route directly to the LAM Farm Center from Guntur Railway station / Bus stand.
Complete Postal address of the place: Regional Agricultural Research Station, Lam farm , Guntur Amaravati Road, Guntur-522034, Andhra Pradesh. Phone: 0863-2524017, 0863-2524022, Fax: 0863 2524245, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, WebSite: www.rarslam.org.(Just for knowledge-Lam is a village named after LAMAS; the Buddhist monks lived at this place, 2000 years back. )
Eligible Students: Who qualified in APEAMCET-2016 and submitted online application at ANGRAU website. For the Un-Reserved (Non-Local 15%) quota, any candidate from AU, SVU, OU/NL region with A.P. EAMCET 2016 Rank can compete on merit.
Things to carry: The candidates are required to carry all the relevant original certificates at the time of counseling and selected candidates should come prepared to pay the requisite fee immediately (Rs.20,810/- for BSc Agriculture) on the counseling day itself at the respective college counters, failing which the seat stands cancelled.
Note: Only one parent / guardian per student will be allowed at the counseling centre.
Admission for 4 new private colleges in AP: There will be total 240 seats @ 60 seats/college. The counseling for these 4 private colleges will be done separately based on the same online application. The tuition fee and other fee for these colleges is yet to be decided by the Government. A seperate notification will be issued later for these admissions.
For Management seats in AP Private colleges: There will be a total 84 seats @ 21 seats/college. The admission process for the management seats is not yet announced. As and when the same is announced, it will be updated here.
For further information: Parents/Students who need information/clarification/having doubts on counselling or looking for seats under management quota of AP private agriculture colleges, may call Mr. Kumar at 9000772442 or email to email@example.com.
To download Official notification, click the link: BSc Agri counselling in AP agriculture colleges 2016-17