Banks in India recruit AgBSc Graduates under Specialist Officers Cadre designated as Agriculture Field Officer (Scale-I). Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS), Mumbai conducts the selection process on behalf of the 20 Participating Banks. IBPS has announced recruitment for the year 2016-17 through notification and the candidates are selected through an online examination followed by an Interview scheduled in January 2017.
Participating Organisations: Allahabad Bank, Canara Bank, Indian Bank, Syndicate Bank, Andhra Bank, Central Bank of India, Indian Overseas Bank, UCO Bank, Bank of Baroda, Corporation Bank, Oriental Bank of Commerce, Union Bank of India, Bank of India, Dena Bank, Punjab National Bank, United Bank of India, Bank of Maharashtra, IDBI Bank, Punjab & Sind Bank and Vijaya Ban.
Total Number of Posts: 2,580
- Online Registration including edit/modification of application of candidates: 16.11.2016 to 02.12.2016
- Payment of Application Fees: 16.11.2016 to 02.12.2016
- Download of Call letter for Examination After: 16.01.2017
- Online Examination (Tentative dates): 28.01.2017 & 29.01.2017
- Declaration of result status of examination: 16.02.2017
- Download of call letters for Interview After: 24.02.2017
- Conduct of Interview: March 2017
- Provisional Allotment On or after: 01.04.2017
- Nationality: A candidate must be either (i) a Citizen of India or (ii) a subject of Nepal or (iii) a subject of Bhutan or (iv) a Tibetan Refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or (v) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India, provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) & (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
- Age (As on 01.11.2016): Minimum 20 years and Maximum 30 years i.e. a candidate must have been born not earlier than 02.11.1986 and not later than 01.11.1996 (both dates inclusive)
- Educational Qualifications (As on 02.12.2016): 4 year Degree (graduation) in any one of the following 17 agriculture and allied subject specialisations.
- Animal Husbandry
- Veterinary Science
- Dairy Science
- Fishery Science
- Pisciculture (Fish farming)
- Agri. Marketing & Cooperation
- Co-operation & Banking
- Agricultural Biotechnology
- Food Science
- Agriculture Business Management
- Food Technology
- Dairy Technology
- Agricultural Engineering
- Candidates should have Certificate/Diploma/Degree in computer operations/ Language/ should have studied Computer / Information Technology as one of the subjects in the High School/ College/ Institute.
- All the educational qualifications mentioned above should be from a University/ Institution/ Board recognised by Govt. Of India / approved by Govt. Regulatory Bodies and the result should have been declared on or before 02.12.2016.
- Stage-I: Online Exam: An online exam is conducted in the first stage where the candidate needs to answer 200 questions in 2 hours. The structure of the Online exam for Agricultural Field Officer Scale I is as follows.
- *Section-1: Reasoning Test 50 questions in 30 minutes
- *Section-2: English Language Test 50 questions in 25 minutes
- *Section-3: Quantitative Aptitude Test 50 questions in 30 minutes
- Section-4: Professional Knowledge Test in Agriculture 50 questions in 35 minutes with 80 marks
- The above tests except the Test of English Language will be available bilingually, i.e. English and Hindi.
- * These sections are used only for qualifying. Marks obtained will not be added for merit listing for interview. Only marks obtained in Professional Knowledge Test shall be used for preparing merit listing and rest of the tests are used only for qualifying and marks obtained in such tests shall not be added for merit listing for interview.
- There is a negative marking of one fourth or 0.25 of the marks for wrong answers marked, but for unanswered questions there is no penalty.
- Stage-II: Interview: Candidates who have been shortlisted in the above examination will subsequently be called for an Interview to be conducted by the Participating Banks and coordinated by the nodal banks with the help of IBPS. Interviews will be conducted at select centres. The total marks allotted for Interview are 100. The minimum qualifying marks in interview will not be less than 40% (35% for SC/ST/OBC/PWD candidates).
The weightage (ratio) of Online exam and interview will be 80:20. The combined final scores of candidates shall be arrived at on the basis of total scores obtained by the candidates in test and Interview. Interview score of the candidates failing to secure minimum qualifying marks or otherwise barred from the interview or further process shall not be disclosed. A candidate should qualify both in the test and interview and be sufficiently high in the merit to be shortlisted for subsequent allotment process.
On completion of the interview process, depending on the vacancies to be filled in during the financial year 2017-18 based on the business needs of the Participating Organisations and as reported to IBPS, candidates shortlisted will be provisionally allotted to one of the Participating Organisations, based on merit-cum-preference keeping in view the spirit of Govt. Guidelines on reservation policy, various guidelines issued by Govt. of India/Others from time to time, administrative exigency, etc. Vacancies given in this advertisement are indicative. Provisional allotment shall be done on the basis of final vacancies to be reported by the Participating Organizations. Candidates should not claim indicative vacancies as final for provisional allotment. No change in the data already registered by the candidate in the online application form is possible.
- Andaman & Nicobar: Port Blair
- Andhra Pradesh: Hyderabad, Tirupati, Vijayawada, Vishakhapatnam
- Arunachal Pradesh: Itanagar
- Assam: Guwahati
- Bihar: Bhagalpur, Darbhanga, Muzzafarpur, Patna, Purnea
- Chhattisgarh: Bhilai, Bilaspur, Raipur
- Delhi: Bahadurgarh, Delhi, Faridabad, Ghaziabad, Greater Noida, Gurgaon
- Goa: Panaji
- Gujarat: Ahmedabad, Gandhinagar, Vadodara, Surat, Jamnagar
- Haryana: Ambala, Panchkula
- Himachal Pradesh: Shimla
- Jammu & Kashmir: Jammu, Srinagar
- Jharkhand: Bokaro, Dhanbad, Jamshedpur, Ranchi
- Karnataka: Bengaluru, Dharwad, Hubli, Mangalore
- Kerala: Kochi, Kozhikode, Thiruvananthpuram
- Lakshwadweep: Kavarrati
- Madhya Pradesh: Bhopal, Gwalior, Indore, Jabalpur
- Maharashtra: Aurangabad, Greater Mumbai/Thane/Navi Mumbai, Nagpur, Nanded, Pune
- Manipur: Imphal
- Meghalaya: Shillong
- Mizoram: Aizawl
- Nagaland: Kohima
- Odisha: Berhampur(Ganjam), Bhubaneshwar, Sambalpur
- Punjab: Amritsar, Ludhiana, Mohali, Patiala
- Rajasthan: Ajmer, Bikaner, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Udaipur
- Sikkim: Gangtok
- Tamilnadu: Chennai, Coimbatore, Madurai, Thiruchirapalli, Tirunelvelli
- Tripura: Agartala
- Uttar Pradesh: Agra, Allahabad, Gorakhpur, Kanpur, Lucknow, Meerut, Varanasi
- Uttarakhand: Dehradun, Roorkee
- West Bengal: Bardhaman, Berhampur, Durgapur, Greater Kolkata, Siliguri
- Toll-Free IBPS Help Line Numbers for Candidates (9 AM to 6PM) on all working days: 1800 222 366 / 1800 103 4566
- The official notification can be seen here agriculture-field-officers-in-banks-notification-2016-17
- Visit official Institute of Banking Personal Selection (IBPS) website
- For Syllabus, Question papers, online tests, reference books, visit the IBPS Agriculture Field Officer Exam Page
- For any other information, you may please call +91 9000 772 442 or email to email@example.com