The notification for counselling of students qualified in TSEAMCET-2016 for admissions into 4 year ICAR recognised BSc (Hons) Agriculture course in Telangana by Professor Jayashankar Telangana State Agricultural University (PJTSAU) for its 3+1 new government/constituent colleges (College of Agriculture (Estd. 1946), Rajendranagar, Hyderabad, Agricultural College (Estd. 1989), Aswaraopet, Khammam district, College of Agriculture, Jagtial, Karimnagar District and a proposed new government Agriculture College, Warangal (Estd. 2016)) is released by the University.
There are total 499 seats for BSc Agriculture course in all the 4 government/constituent colleges of Telangana out of which 372 seats are filled through TSEAMCET, 56 seats with candidates qualified in ICAR AIEEA UG, 56 seats are filled through AGRICET with the agriculture polytechnic diploma holders, 11 seats are filled with the Agriculture Extension Officers (AEO) working in the TS Government’s Agriculture Department, and the balance 4 seats are filled with the AEO’s working in the University.
Counselling Dates (total 8 days from 3rd October to 8th October plus 14th & 15th October, 2016):
- Open Categories in both Farmer and Non-Farmer (Rank 364 to 7599) : 3rd (Mon), 4th (Tues) and 5th (Wed) October, 2016 (3 Days)
- BC-A (1093-13996 Ranks) and BC-B (562-9778 Ranks) candidates (both Farmer and Non-Farmer): 6th (Thurs) October, 2016 (1 Day)
- BC-C (2503 – 20190 & 62287 Ranks) and BC-D (550-8985 Ranks) candidates (both Farmer and Non-Farmer): 7th (Fri) October, 2016 (1 Day)
- BC-E (1743 – 16933 Ranks) and ST (1241 – 11500 Ranks) Candidates (both Farmer and Non-Farmer): 8th (Sat) October, 2016 (1 Day)
- SC (1571 – 9959 and 10010 – 15003 Ranks) Candidates (both Farmer and Non-Farmer): 14th (Fri) October, 2016 (1 Day)
- For Diploma candidates qualified in A.P.AGRICET 2016: 15th (Sat) October, 2016 (1 Day). The Ranks of the Telangana AGRICET- 2016 candidates to attend the counselling will be placed in the University website on 08-10-2016.
- Counseling for NCC, Sports, CAP (Defence) and P.H. quota will be held separately for which a seperate notification will be issued by Professor Jayashankar Telangana State Agricultural University (PJTSAU) soon.
Time : From 9-30 AM and From 2-00 PM on all the 8 days. Report atleast 1 hour before time.
Place: University Auditorium, Professor Jayashankar Telangana State Agricultural University, Rajendranagar, Hyderabad. It is located at about 10 km from Rajiv Gandhi International Airport, 15 km. from Koti, 18 km from Kachiguda and 25 km from Secunderabad.
How to Reach there: City Bus numbers 7/94H, 7/94R, 7/95R, 5/92 from Secunderabad Railway Station, 92R from Hyderabad Railway Station (Nampally), 2/94R from Kachiguda Railway Station, 94R, 94H, 95A, 95P, 94/95R from Koti (opp. Osmania Medical College bus stop). People coming from Mahatma Gandhi Bus Station (Imlibun) bus stand can reach Koti to get city bus from Koti as there are no direct buses or very few buses from MGBS.
Complete Postal address of the venue: Professor Jayashankar Telangana State Agricultural University (PJTSAU), Rajendranagar, Hyderabad-500 030, Telangana, India. Phone: 040-24015011 to 040-24015017, 040-24015161 to 040-24015163, E-mail: email@example.com, website: www.pjtsau.ac.in
Eligibility Requirements for BSc Agriculture Admissions in Telangana
- Acedemic Requirements: A pass in 2 year Intermediate Examination conducted by the Board of Intermediate Education, Telangana State or any other examination recognized as equivalent thereto by the University or Intermediate Board with the following subjects namely:
- Physical Sciences
- Biological or Natural Sciences
- Telangana State EAMCET Rank: The candidae must have qualified in TSEAMCET-2016. For the Un-Reserved (Non-Local 15%) quota, any candidate from OU, AU, SVU region with Telangana State EAMCET 2016 Rank can compete on merit.
- Age: The candidates for admission to these courses shall be required to have completed 17 years of age on 31st December of the year of admission with an upper age limit of 22 years for all the candidates and 25 years in respect of SC and ST candidates and 27 years for Physically Challenged candidates.
Reservation of Seats:
- BC (total 29%)
- BC-A 7%
- BC-B 10%
- BC-C 1%
- BC-D 7%
- BC-E 4%
- BC-A 7%
- SC 15%
- ST 6%
- Farmer’s Quota: 40% of the seats are reserved for candidates belonging to families of Agriculturists (Farmers) owning not less than 3 acres of land either in the name of the parents or in the name of the candidates and who have studied for a minimum of 4 years in schools located in Non-Municipal areas. Tehy need to submit Form-I and Form II with the signatures of concerned officials viz., Tahsildar and concerned Head of Institution, respectively, along with office seal.
- Physically Challenged: 3% (1% each to Visually Handicapped, Hearing Impaired and Orthopedically Handicapped)
- Defence Personnel (CAP): 2%
- National Cadet Corps. (NCC): 1%
- Games & Sports: 0.5%
- Girls: 33.3%
Things to carry for counselling: The candidates are required to carry all the relevant original certificates at the time of counseling and selected candidates should come prepared to pay the requisite fee immediately (Rs.22,010/- for BSc Agriculture) on the counseling day itself at the respective college counters, failing which the seat stands cancelled.
Note: Only one parent / guardian per student will be allowed at the counseling centre.
Management seats: Since there are no private agriculture colleges in Telangana under PJTSAU, there is no question of management seats. All the 499 seats are in Government agriculture colleges only.
For further information: Parents/Students who need information/clarification/having doubts on counselling, may call Mr. Kumar at 9000772442 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To download Official notification, click the link: telangana-agbsc-counselling-notification-icarcolleges-2016-17